Downloads : Firmware Update
Thank you for using a PENTAX K200D digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for K200D.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.01
- The following content have been improved in Version 1.01.
Improved stability of recording image for some SDHC Memory card.
- Only K200D users are permitted to download the firmware update.
PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K200D
||PENTAX Firmware Update Software for K200D
||k200e101w.exe (For Windows 7,274 Kbytes) ,
k200e101m.zip (For Mac7,189 Kbytes)
||K200D (Version 1.00)
To check the version number, turn your camera on while holding down the MENU button. The version number will appear in the center of the LCD screen.
|Updated firmware file
||For Windows : LHA self-extract file, For mac : zip type
||PENTAX RICOH IMAGING CO., LTD.
Preparation of update
- Blank, formatted SD/SDHC card (32MB or more)
- USB cable I-USB17
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card by connecting the camera directly to your computer.
- SD/SDHC card reader or a computer with a SD/SDHC card slot
If you are copying the firmware update file to the SD/SDHC card using a memory card reader / writer.
- We recommend using the AC adapter (K-AC76) for update firmware.
If you are using AA lithium batteries or AA alkaline batteries, make sure that batteries are fresh.
If AA Ni-MH rechargeable battery is use, be sure to use fully charged battery.
Download the updated firmware file
- For Windows : k200e101w.exe --- 7,274 Kbytes, LHA type, self-extracting files
- For Macintosh : k200e101m.zip --- 7,189 Kbytes, zip type
Extract downloaded file
The following two files will be generated once the downloaded file is extracted by double-clicking.
- readme.txt: The text file that explained update procedure in details.
- Fwdc184b.bin: This is the updated firmware.
Copy fwdc184b.bin file to SD card
After formatting the SD/SDHC card, copy the fwdc184b.bin file to the route directory of the SD/SDHC card.
Please read the readme.txt file attached to the firmware update before updating the firmware.